Are you looking for a best badminton racket?
Choosing which racket is best for badminton is a very important thing when it comes to mastering your badminton game!
I highly recommend that you read How To Choose A Right Badminton Racket before buying a great badminton racket! 🙂
Also, If you want to improve in badminton overall, Best Badminton Shoes might also help!
Let me take you on a very exciting journey towards finding a best badminton racket for you! 😀
If you are in a hurry and do not want to read all the Top 18 Best Badminton Racket Reviews, then I have created this table just for you!
Best Badminton RacketsWe have best badminton rackets reviews on the internet for beginners,intermediate and advanced players. This table shows you the top 18 best badminton rackets to buy in 2019!
|Model||Full Review||Our team's rating||Check Price|
|Yonex Astrox 99 |
|Read Full Review||9.9||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Astrox 88S |
|Read Full Review||9.8||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Astrox 88 D |
|Read Full Review||9.8||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Nanoflare 800 |
|Read Full Review||9.7||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Nanoflare 700 |
|Read Full Review||9.6||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Duora Z-strike |
|Read Full Review||9.5||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Voltric Z-force II |
|Read Full Review||9.5||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Carlton Kinesis |
|Read Full Review||9.4||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Wilson BLX force powerskin |
|Read Full Review||9.4||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Voltric Force |
|Read Full Review||9.3||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Arcsaber 11 |
|Read Full Review||9.0||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Arcsaber 6 FL |
|Read Full Review||8.9||Check the Price at amazon|
|Yonex carbonex 8000 N |
|Read Full Review||8.8||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Carbonex 7000 N|
|Read Full Review||8.7||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Muscle Power 8|
|Read Full Review||8.6||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Isometric Tr 0 |
|Read Full Review||8.5||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Isometric TR 1 |
|Read Full Review||8.4||Check the Price at Amazon|
|Yonex Nanoray Z-speed |
|Read Full Review||8.3||Check the Price at Amazon|
We have compiled the list of 18 Best Badminton Racket Reviews for Beginners,Intermediates and Advanced players! 🙂
You can check it out here
1) Yonex Astrox 99 Badminton Racket
This Yonex Badminton racket has been used by a top renowned badminton player Lee Chang Wei! I have found it to be the #1 best racket for badminton.
Click here to check the price at amazon for #1 Best Yonex Astrox 99 Badminton Racket
This video by Yonex is a must watch!
Click here to check price at Amazon for #1 Yonex badminton racket
Do you love to give explosive shots? Wants to increase your smash speeds?
Then this #1 best Yonex badminton racket is must have buddy!
All the rackets of Yonex in Astrox series had utilised next-generation graphite “Namd” in the shaft but Astrox 99 has Namd in the entire body of the Racket! ( Including frame, contact with the shuttle)
How does this Graphite Namd help?
It helps in increasing the snap back speed of the shaft which further helps in producing greater smash speeds. Since this racket has Namd in its whole body, so its power to produce greater smash speed is just beyond awesome 😉 !
Some Amazing features of this #1 Yonex best badminton are are
- The next generation graphite “Namd” is present in the shaft of this Yonex Badminton Racket due to which there’s a large increase in the snap back speed of the shaft. This also gives greater smash speeds!
- Provides explosive shot because the racket returns from flexed to straight at the end of the swing.
- Namd has an awesome feature, it improves the adhesion of the graphite fibers and resin by attaching nanomaterial directly to the graphite fiber.
- It helps in reducing Air Resistance
Benefits of this #1 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
- Gives Explosive shots!
- Greater flex from the shaft.
- Smooth transition from shot to shot.
- Gives Awesome feel to the player due to reduced air resistance by this badminton racket.
- If you are an advanced player, this Yonex badminton racket would provide awesome benefits for you 🙂 !
I highly recommend this Yonex badminton racket if you are an intermediate player or an advanced! but it is not most suitable for a beginner!
Design of Yonex Astrox 99 Badminton Racket
The Design of this #1 Yonex Best Badminton Racket Yonex Astrox 99 has been inspired by the power and energy of the sun.
Trademark Technology used in Astrox 99 #1 Yonex Badminton Racket
Rotational Generator System is a a trademark technology developed by Yonex which contributes to a smooth transition from shot to shot. This helps the players maximises the effect of the entire Namd body!
Finally, I would like to conclude that if you are an intermediate player or an advanced player who loves to give explosive shots and want a superior flex from your shaft to crush your opponent, then this #1 racket is best for badminton!
PS- A good racket for badminton will not surely help you in mastering your game. It can give you a temporary good feel and a good start but NOTHING CAN REPLACE PRACTICE! So make sure you get off your ass,take action, train consistently and go to that next level 😉
2) YONEX ASTROX 88 S Badminton Racket
Click here to check the price at amazon for Yonex Astorx 88 S badminton racket
Check Price at amazon for #2 best Yonex badminton racket!
Want to attack your opponent? Loves to have an attacking style of playing? Want to crush your competitor?
You gotta check it!! because this #2 best Yonex badminton racket will have all these killer factors!
Features Of #2 best Yonex badminton racket are
- The balance point of this Yonex badminton racket is Heavy head balance.
- 4U weight
- Stiff shaft
- It can flex at the bottom of the frame near the T-joint which allows the stringbed to hold the shuttle for longer period of time
(The weight of the racket is denoted by ‘U’. 1U being the heaviest and 4U being the lightest. )
Just like the weight of the badminton racket, A balance point is also one of the major factors which comes into play while choosing a right badminton racket for you!
So what is this Balance point of a Badminton Racket?
It is the point where the weight of your racket is largely located.
Heavy head balance type of racket has more mass towards the head of the racket. These types of rackets in increase a lot of power in your strokes and if you are the one who plays powerful game at the back of the court then buddy, this one is most suitable for you!
Amazing Benefits of this #2 Yonex Best Badminton Racket are-
1.Due to these factors, The Yonex Astrox 88S badminton racket gives awesome attacking power.
2.Since The 5mm shaft offers an excellent balance between reduced air resistance , it gives the player extra power.
3.Since the stringbed can hold the shuttle for a long period of time, It offers the players extra acceleration and agility to crush the competitor!
At last, I would like to say that if you love attacking your opponent and want to maximise your energy transfer, then this #2 Yonex racket is best for badminton! 😉
3) Yonex ASTROX 88 D (Dominate) Badminton Racket
Click here to check the price at Amazon for Yonex Astrox 88D Badminton Racket
Check Price at amazon for #3 Yonex best badminton racket
Are you a back court player? Likes to dominate the back court? Want a Best Yonex Badminton racket for Smash ? Then this Yonex badminton racket is perfect for you buddy!
Also, if you love to beat your opponents with powerful smashes, then this #3 Yonex best badminton racket is a must have badminton racket for you!
What is the Uniqueness in this Yonex badminton racket?
There’s a new innovation from Yonex in this badminton racket which gives it a 10mm long shaft!
But why do you think 10mm shaft is an innovation?
The 10mm shaft provides you with unmatched power which is equal or more than Z-force II. This can also help you in hitting smash after smash while staying at the back of the court.I would also consider this as the best Yonex badminton racket for smash!
Some other amazing features of this #3 Yonex best badminton racket for smash includes
- NewEB Cap-which boosts energy transfer from the player to the racket by flexing the shaft in a single direction. It also reduces shaft twisting and energy loss.
- There’s innovative Namd graphite present in the racket which produces extra flex and snapback for players. It gives you a lot of more power with no loss of control
Some more features of this #3 Yonex best badminton racket for smash includes– it flexes at the mid-point of the frame which ensures that only upper half flexes which further allows the stringbed to transmit power to the shuttle efficiently! This lets you accumulate energy and momentum before releasing power. And this helps you to break through your opponent’s defence every time!
Some amazing benefits of #3 Yonex best racket for badminton are-
- It provides you with good attacking power.
- Gives you additional power with no loss of control
- Gives Enhanced accuracy to win the game
Finally, If you are the one who does not like to control while playing badminton plus want an enhanced accuracy to take your game to the next level, this badminton would be your next partner! 😀
4)Yonex Nanoflare 800 Badminton Racket
Click here to check the price at Amazon for #4 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
Check Price at amazon for #4 best Yonex badminton racket-
Do checkout this video by Yonex for Nanoflare 800 #4 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
Want quicker speed? Maybe, even more than speed of light? Want an amazing push in your game?
Well not sure about greater than the speed of light but otherwise for all other things, this #4 best Yonex badminton racket is a must have!
Amazing features of this #4 best Yonex badminton racket are
- It has ultra-thin Razor Frame which is aerodynamic from all angles.
- The resistance by air is reduced by up to 11.5% from all the angles due to the 360 degrees of Streamlined Razor Frame.
- There is a presence of High elasticity carbon in the top of the frame
Amazing benefits of this #4 best Yonex racket for badminton are-
- Gives you quicker speed
- Provides you with aggressive drives and pushes
- Better flexibility
- Has an Repulsive Power
Innovative Technologies used in this Yonex #4 Best Badminton Racket are
Sonic Flare system
High elasticity graphite material has been constructed on the top of the frame which results in more improvement in Repulsion.
At last, if you are the one who loves quicker speed with your badminton racket while playing the game and want an additional push to win over your opponent, then this Yonex badminton would be your best fit! 🙂
5) YONEX NANOFLARE 700 Badminton Racket
Click Here to check Price at Amazon for #5 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
Check Price at Amazon for #5 best Yonex badminton racket
Want to increase the speed of your shuttle? Want to smash hard into your opponent’s court? then you gotta try this #5 best badminton racket right now!
Great features of this #5 best Yonex badminton racket are
- It is a head-light racket which is built with unique construction and technology.
- It is the first ever racket which uses the sonic flare system design using latest graphite technologies like M40x
- It has an innovative technology-Sonic Flare system which helps in increasing the repulsive power and hence also giving you an edge towards your opponent!
About head light Yonex badminton racket
This type of badminton racket has less weight towards the head of the racket and because of this reason, it is much easier to control and swing this racket.
Imagine if your opponent has smashed shuttle against you. What you need? You need a type of badminton racket that is easier to control and also very easy to swing because you can’t really waste time at that moment! For this type of situation, you really need a head-light balance racket! You can quickly react to smashes of your opponent using this racket.
The reaction time is reduced because it is so easy to swing it. This will also give you a hell lot of speed at the net and allows you to kill the game at the front court!
Amazing benefits of this #5 best racket for badminton for smash
- It is a very light racket
- Gives increased shuttle acceleration
- It gives an unmatched ability, unrivaled power and speed!
Some more amazing characteristics of this #5 best badminton racket are that you can play very swiftly with them but also helps them to increase shuttle speed which further enables them to stroke hard into their opponent’s court. Don’t think that this would impact the players arm adversely rather enhances your hitting feeling!
If you are someone who loves a light weight badminton racket and wants to increase the speed you hit the shuttle, then this yonex badminton racket is best to check out buddy! 🙂
6) Yonex DUORA Z-strike Badminton Racket
Click here to check price at amazon for #6 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
Click here to check Price at Amazon for #6 best racket for badminton!
Would you like to have a great swinging speed of your racket? Do you want to save more time while playing so that you do not miss the shot?
Want to have an upper edge over your competitor?
Then this #6 best Yonex badminton racket is a must have for you buddy!
Some features of this #6 best Yonex badminton racket include
- It is made up two types of frames Aero section Frame and Cross section frame.
- Aero section frame improves the aerodynamics of the racket which gives better racket swinging speed
- Cross section Frame gives rigid frame geometry.
Benefits of this #6 best racket for badminton are-
- Great swinging speed of racket
- Provides you with enormous power
- Gives greater accuracy helping you win and crushing your opponent
If you are okay with the price, want a greater swinging speed and awesome accuracy, this Yonex badminton racket might be your best bet to win! 😉
7) YONEX VOLTRIC Z-Force II Badminton Racket
Click here to check the price at Amazon for #7 best Yonex Badminton Racket!
review of Yonex Voltric Z Force-II #7 best badminton racket by Paul Stewart sir
Do you want to hit powerful smashes? Do you love to attack your opponents with high power smashes?
Then this #7 best Yonex badminton racket is perfect for you buddy!
Some amazing features of this #7 best Yonex badminton racket includes
- This Yonex badminton racket is developed with ultra thin shaft which is extra stiff in nature.
- Player will get powerful smashes due to extra stiff shaft and ultra dynamic head shape.
- Due to 4U weight configurations, you can put the string tension in this Yonex Badminton Racket up to 30lbs.
Benefits of this #7 best Yonex Badminton Racket are-
- Gives incredible Power
- Provides you with Powerful smashes
- Better racket swinging speed
Voltric Z Force II is revolutionary badminton racket from Yonex brand. It is a Voltric series badminton racket which provides incredible power to badminton players.
At last, if you are the one who loves to hit powerful smashes and wants incredible power to take your game to the next level, then this Yonex badminton racket might be your best partner ! 🙂
8. CARLTON Kinesis Badminton Racket
Click Here to check the price at Amazon for #8 best badminton racket
Click here to check the price at amazon for #8 best badminton racket
Are you the one who loves to play the fast drive? Do you want quick returns? Do you love fast cross corner shots and fast drop shots?
Then what ya waiting for? Check that #8 best badminton racket out!
Some amazing features of this #8 best badminton racket are-
- It provides effective aerodynamics of frame because it has been well equipped with Aerofoil grommets
- It has Nono cell technology which gives balance shaft during the shuttle impact.
- This racket is great for advanced level players and for those also who love to play round type.
Amazing benefits of this #8 best racket for badminton are-
- Gives a lot of Power
- It is a well balanced badminton racket
- It is a light weight racket
- If you are an advanced player, it will take your game to just another level!
9. Wilson BLX Force PowerSkin Badminton Racket
Click Here to check the price at Amazon for #9 best badminton racket
Do you want clean and crisp performance? Do you just love attacking your opponent? Want a great stability to take your game to the next level? Want to have an extraordinary feel while playing badminton?
Then I gotta tell you that you must check this #9 best badminton racket
Some Amazing benefits of this #9 best badminton racket are
- With the help of this racket, you can switch to defense without effort.
- A great stiffness in this racket lets you deliver killer smashes
- The attacking prowess of this racket is damn awesome buddy
- The smashing power is just beyond awesome!
- It also delivers great performance on defense because of stability in this racket
Some Amazing features of this #9 best racket for badminton are-
- The head shape of this racket is Isometric
- The balance point of this racket is head heavy
- The flex of this racket is medium stiff.
- It is made up of High Modulous Graphite.
- And the weight of this racket is 89g.
Wondering about the freaking awesome technologies used in this Wilson Racket?
They’ve included Slim shaft and Slim Frame technologies to this racket which increases its attacking power. So what does these technologies exactly does? Why they are so good?
These two slim technologies create a more aerodynamic frame for greater response and speed which can benefit players who have an attacking style because they can utilize speed for last second judgements.
I mentioned in the above features that this racket’s balance point is head heavy.How does this feature enhance the power of this racket?
It increases the force on attacking shots like smashes and attacking clears, but at the same time delivers great performance on defense thanks to its stability for blocks! 😀
10) YONEX VOLTRIC Force Badminton Racket
Click Here to check the price at Amazon for #10 best Yonex Badminton Racket
Do you want to take your performance to just beyond excellence? Love to crush your competitor with your amazing attacking style?
Want Maximum power without compromising on speed of your badminton racket?
Then you gotta smash your opponent by buying it right now 😉
Some amazing benefits of this #10 Best Yonex Badminton Racket are
- This Yonex Badminton Racket is designed to give fast racket handling and Powerful Smashes! 😀
- It also gives extremely fast racket swing which further helps in placing fast drive shots and quick drop shots 😉
- Since the flex is stiff, it gives an amazing opportunity to handle lightening fast racket repulsion!
- This Badminton Racket also gives maximum power transfer to shuttle!
- You get to utilize maximum power transfer to shuttle! (No waste of Power!)
- The stringbed of this badminton racket can hold shuttle for a long period of time.
- This is one of the greatest yonex badminton rackets for powerful smash!
Some amazing features of this #10 Best Badminton Racket are
- The balance point of this Yonex Badminton Racket is Head Heavy.
- Stiff material has been used at the head of this Yonex Badminton racket.
- A very thing and aerodynamically shape side is used at frame head.
- The frame of this racket is compact.(And it results in fast racket handling!)
- There’s a built in T-joint in this badminton racket.
- Control Cap has been developed by Yonex for better gripping.
Also, check out this amazing video on the review of #10 Yonex Voltric Force Best Badminton Racket
Yonex Voltric Force is a high performance racket and is a perfect fit for someone who loves to have maximum power without compromising the speed of the racket! 😉
11)YONEX ARCSABER 11 Badminton Racket
This is the best Arcsaber Badminton Racket!
Click Here to check the price at Amazon for #11 best racket for badminton!
Click here to check price at amazon
Do you want a killer power behind your great shot ? Do you want to reach difficult shots easily? Do you want a great grip for your badminton racket?
Then this killer #11 is a best Yonex badminton racket for you buddy!
There’s a lot of people who just love this racket from the bottom of their heart, do you wonder why?
When you smash it back, it gives you a sound of crack of a bird against strings.
Some amazing benefits of #11 Yonex Arcsaber 11 best Yonex Badminton Racket are-
- Provides a very large power.
- It is easy for players of any size to grip this badminton racket.
- Yonex Arcsaber 11 is very durable so it can survive hits with the floors,wall etc.
Some amazing features of #11 Yonex Arcsaber 11 are-
- It has a long shaft
- It has a very long grip.
- It is not easily breakable.
- It has a low flexibility
Here’s an amazing video of the review of this #11 Yonex Arcsaber 11 best badminton racket
Did you know that the latest technologies like Sonic Metal,Iso Metric, New Gromment Patters are equipped in this racket.
Player can turn the defense into offense by returning quick and accurate shots due to the combination of speed and accuracy provided by this #11 best Yonex badminton racket.
Click here to check the price at Amazon for #12 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
Here’s a very detailed Review video on #12 racket for badminton!
Click here to check the price at amazon
Do you want greater flexibility in your badminton racket to improve your game? Do you want to hit the shuttle with a greater accuracy?
Then you gotta check this #12 best badminton racket out buddy!
Some Amazing Benefits of #12 Best Racket For Badminton are
- The shaft helps to produce increased flexibility for a longer time.
- It enhances transfer of power to the shuttle.
- Excellent Racket for defensive Players!
- Gives fast return and smashes! 😀
Specifications of #12 Best Yonex Badminton Racket are
- Frame-H.M. Graphite
- Weight: 4U
Design of Yonex Arcsaber 6 FL #12 Best Racket for Badminton
The ARCSABER frame is designed to ﬂex at the point of impact to hold the shuttle on the string bed for longer.
By storing and then releasing energy, this racket delivers precise shot-making for players seeking a higher level of control!
CS Carbon nanotubes are positioned at the side of this Racket which improves the frame elasticity.It helps in holding the shuttle on the string bed for enhanced control at the point of impact.
The DUAL WHIP-BACK shaft of this racket produces increased flexibility for a longer hold time to enhance transfer of power to the shuttle.
Did you know that this #12 best badminton racket is built in T joint technology which provides stable T joint section which further helps in joint stability and that results into accurate shuttle placement.
This Racket is also equipped with DWB cap technology in which racquet shaft is kept tapered to provide better flexibility.
Due to the flexible Racket flex, it provides good repulsion for fast return and smashes.
It is developed with Nano air spring material technology in which carbon fiber are bend with innovative way which give shaft flex like spring
Click Here to check the Price at Amazon for #13 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
Do you want an exceptional repulsive power? Do you want a unique and awesome feeling while playing badminton? Do you want to hit accurate shots with higher energy?
Some Amazing Benefits of #13 Best Racket for Badminton are-
- It provides an exceptional repulsive power
- The round-shape head with box-shape frame cross section gives Carbonex a unique and solid feeling.
- It has an Amazing Flexibility! 🙂
- It gives accurate shots with the full energy of the swing.
Specifications of #13 Best Racket for Badminton are-
- Flex-Medium Flexible
- Head Shape-Oval HeadShape
Then you must try this racket out buddy!
Click here to check the price at amazon
Click Here to check the price at Amazon for #14 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
Do you want a good repulsive racket? Do you like a great feel from the strings at impact? Want to hit shots with better accuracy?
You must check out this #14 best badminton racket!
This Racket is ideal for beginners and intermediates.
Click Here to check price at Amazon for #15 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
Do you want a great string tension? Want to maximize your energy transfer? A greater speed? Does this sound like you?
Then you must have this #15 best badminton racket.
Some of the benefits of this racket are
- Great String tension– The stringbed of this racket provides high resiliency for powerful hits!
- Energy transfer maximized-There’s no loss of energy or no waste of energy while playing with this badminton racket because the construction of this badminton racket keeps the racket frame and string in close and very tight contact so that they function as one unit to transfer full value of smash directly to the shuttlecock.
- Provides Greater speed-This badminton racket also provides outstanding durability and stability and consistent playability across the entire stringbed. Provides an upper edge over your competitor!
Click here to check price at amazon for this #15 best badminton racket!
Click Here to check the price at Amazon for #16 Best Yonex Badminton Racket
Do you want a light weight racket? Want a higher maneuverability and faster speed shots?
If that sounds like you, you gotta buy it right now to take your game to the next level
Some of the great benefits of having this #16 best badminton racket are
- This racket has aero frame which improves the aerodynamics of this racket
- It also gives higher maneuverability and faster speed shots
- It is strung with durable Yonex strings
Click here to check price at amazon for #16 best racket for badminton!
Click here to check the price at Amazon for #17 best Yonex Badminton!
Do you want a solid feel? want to improve your game? Want higher tension in strings of your badminton racket?
Sounds like you? You gotta check this racket out then!!
Click here to check the price at amazon for #17 best badminton racket
Click Here To Check The Price at Amazon for Yonex Nanoray Z-Speed Badminton Racket
Click here to check the price at amazon for #18 best racket for badminton are
Are you a defensive player? Want greater speed to improve your game? Want to improve your performance?
Then you gotta check this racket!
This racket has registered its name in Guinness Book of World Record with fastest smash at 493 km/hr!
Some Amazing Benefits of this #18 Best Racket for Badminton are!
- The shaft of this Badminton Racket is very stability which can help you a lot in your game!
- It has an amazing swing which helps in reducing air resistance.
- The aerodynamics of this racket is excellent!
- Improved swing helps in fast smashes and quick drive shots! 😀
Specifications of this #18 Best Racket for Badminton are-
- Head Shape-Square/Isometric
- Head Material-H.M. Graphite Sonic Metal
Did you know that this racket uses FULLERENE technology in which carbon fiber joint rich material is placed at racquet shaft.
This type of structure results into enhanced material properties like increase in bending strength by 103 % which give better racket durability , Increase in repulsion by 109 % which give quick shot delivery and stiffness improved by 107% which results into better shaft stability helps in accurate shot placement!
How to Choose a Good Racket for Badminton?
Before you ask how to choose a right badminton racket, ask yourself “why is it important to choose a right badminton racket? ”
It is because “Why” is much more important than “How“!
So there are two situations here,
- If you want to play for recreation and general fitness or fun then it is not very important to choose a badminton racket that is most suitable to you. Although, it can still be very useful if you know how to choose a right badminton because then you can achieve mastery into something you love which will eventually help you in your other areas of life also.
- If you are someone looking to compete, then it is must to choose a right badminton for you because if you don’t then probably your competitor will eventually crush you.
What are you playing Badminton for? Recreation? Competitive level? I am curious to know buddy, let me know in the comment below!
Just one piece of advice, Doesn’t matter if you’re playing for any of the above mentioned factors, Achieve Mastery in Badminton if you really like playing it because it will help you master other aspects of your life also.
Can you achieve Mastery?
1. Weight of the Racket for Badminton
The weight of the racket for badminton is denoted by ‘U’. 1U being the heaviest and 4U being the lightest.
The weight of the racket for badminton is inversely proportional to that number. Wait wait, it is not complex physics!
Basically, the smaller the number, heavier the weight of the racket for badminton! A good badminton Racket would usually weigh around 80-100g.
So the question is how to decide what should be the weight of your badminton racket that suits you the most?
If you are a beginner who is just starting out then I recommend that you should choose a light weight Badminton Racket because
- They allow you for quicker stroking speeds.
- You will be able to do fast serves
- You will be able to switch to different strokes very easily.
- They are easier on wrist and shoulders which reduces the chance of injury!
- Very easier to control
They generally weigh around 85g-89g(3U)
Should you purchase a heavier racket for badminton?
A heavier racket for badminton can help you extract a lot of power from it which can take your game to next level BUT the problem is do you have the strength to control Heavier Racket?
The answer lies in your WRIST. If you have stronger wrists, then definitely go for heavier rackets for badminton because then you will be able to extract a hell lot of power from them!
Do you have stronger wrists? Only you can know that!
Talking about economical side, do not be overly economical because the cheaper rackets for badminton are usually very heavy because the manufacturers use cheap materials for them. If you don’t have stronger wrists, you will end up using more of your arms than wrists to hit the shuttle if the muscles of your wrist ain’t that strong which will lead to bad habits in future!
One last thing- The weight of any badminton racket should not exceed 100 grams.
2. Balance Point of Racket for Badminton
Just like the weight of the racket, A balance point is also one of the major factors which comes into play while choosing a right badminton racket for you!
So what is this Balance Point?
It is the point where the weight of your racket is largely located.
How to determine the balance point of your racket for badminton?
If you place your finger just slightly below the head of your racket and then to the way your racket tilts is the balance point of your racket.
There are three types of Balance point for a badminton Racket-
1.Head Heavy Balance of Racket for Badminton
This type of racket has more mass towards the head of the racket. These types of rackets in increase a lot of power in your strokes and if you are the one who plays powerful game at the back of the court then buddy, this one is most suitable for you!
Do you like to play at the back of the court?
This type of racket is also very useful for rallies as they can produce very lengthy clears so it’s definitely a killer weapon for those whose game revolves around long exchanges.
2.Head-Light balance of Racket for Badminton
This type of racket has less weight towards the head of the racket and because of this reason, it is much easier to control and swing this racket.
Imagine if your opponent has smashed shuttle against you. What you need? You need a type of racket that is easier to control and also very easy to swing because you can’t really waste time at that moment! For this type of situation, you really need a head-light balance racket! You can quickly react to smashes of your opponent using this racket.
The reaction time is reduced because it is so easy to swing it. This will also give you a hell lot of speed at the net and allows you to kill the game at the front court!
3.Even Balance of Racket for Badminton
This type of racket is a middle ground between head-heavy and head-light balance racket for badminton.
Are you a beginner who is just starting out with badminton? If yes then this one is a perfect fit for you because it can help you determine your playing style.
Once you have discovered your style of play then you can move to head-heavy or head-light balance racket.
3. String Tension of a Badminton Racket
It means how tight the racket string is tied to the racket.
You can test the tension of the racket by pressing your palm against the strings and then see how far it sinks. A 1mm sunken depth of the string would be the ideal tension for most players.
You would need higher string tensions if you channel a bigger force into your strokes.
There’s a very firm belief that “the tighter the string, the better” or “the tighter the string, the more power you get.” And it was broken by a renowned badminton coach Paul Stewart .
Here’s a very detailed article on this topic by him. You can check it by clicking here
Click here to fast track your game buddy!
A short video on How to choose a Right Badminton Racket By Paul Stewart sir can also help you out! 🙂
4. Hand Grip of Racket for Badminton
There are two factors which affects the grip of a badminton racket-
- Its Type,
- Its Size
Types of Badminton Grips
There are two types of badminton grips
Towel grips are softer and very good for absorbing sweat and due to this reason they’re very prone to accumulate germs and bacteria. So, they require frequent replacement as compared to synthetic grip.
Synthetic Grips are slick and less messy and due to this reason they are uncomfortable to wear because they do not have the ability to absorb sweat.
2. Size of Badminton Racket Grip
Most racket grips comes in four sizes.
Are you a player who wants to generate more power? Then you should go with bigger grips as they help in generating more power.
Players who likes to employ the use of deception in their game should prefer smaller grips because it will allow for better manoeuvrability.
5.Shaft Flexibility of Racket for Badminton
The flex of a shaft determines how much repulsion you can get in exchange for consistency when delivering techniques at varying strengths.
To explain it further, while having a badminton racket that bends is great for repulsion; it acts as a spring to help you hit further when you swing a racket, having a bendy shaft can cause inconsistency as it bends differently when swung at different speeds.
In other words,
More bendy, more power, less consistency.
Less bendy, less power, more consistency.
As such, powerful professional players are willing to sacrifice the extra distance they can hit for a more consistent feedback by selecting a stiffer shaft. Beginners are often recommended to take a more flexible shaft as they may not have the strength nor the technique to return shuttlecocks to the baseline of the opponent court.
Do consider how you are currently faring in terms of power and consistency and make the right trade off. You can test it by literally bending the racket as shown in the picture above. Don’t break it though!
6.Budget of Racket for Badminton
The biggest variable when it comes to buying a badminton racket depends on how much money you are willing to spend. Ranging from about 10-200USD, anything above or below are exceptional cases.
Deciding on your budget early will help you greatly narrow your search. But of course, that can be difficult without any information.
A good estimate is about 80 USD for a reasonably good badminton racket and 150 USD for a high-quality badminton racket.
More expensive badminton rackets may be required by Professional players since they are tuned for greater performance areas or specifications that they require, thus costing more!
The truth is that picking a right racket for badminton does not matter if you are a beginner or even an intermediate!
All the manufacturers make several rackets in the entry-level range.
Just ensure these factors are there-
- Built-in T joint
- Light in Weight
- Neutral Balance
If you really want to take your game to the next level, you are taking proper coaching,eating right and doing work to achieve mastery only then the right badminton will help you.
Last but not the least, Your Playing Style matters a lot while making a decision of buying a badminton Racket.
Common playing styles are fast and aggressive style, deceptive stroke players, a straightforward and defensive style and much more.
However, If you are a beginner just starting out then keep experimenting because sooner or later, you will figure out your style too!
I would also like to say that please keep in mind that a best racket for badminton that suites you the best won’t really help you unless you really train consistently in the court. A badminton racket is not some kind of magic stick that will just take your game to the next level. You will have to get off your ass,train consistently with proper guidance combined with proper nutrition to take your game to the next level and achieve your highest potential!
Each aspect matters here,
- Training consistently– Consistency is required if you really want to go beyond excellence and discover your true abilities and reach your highest potential.
If you want to know more about workouts in the gym or weight training in general then BodyBuilding.com is your one stop destination for all Weight lifting Related queries! https://www.bodybuilding.com/ They have got Amazing articles on Workouts, Lifting weights, Correct Forms and everything you can think off as far as losing weight,gaining muscle mass,increase strength or just to improve your overall fitness is concerned!
- Proper Guidance-Look for some coach in your area or follow Paul Stewart sir’s blog.I believe that his blogs can actually give you awesome information that will also help you to achieve the impossible 😉 !
- Proper Nutrition– If you think that you will get away with bad eating habits, then let me make it very clear that you are just lying to yourself! You cannot get away with bad nutrition at any cost. Nutrition matters as much as Training. You will have to know how to control your MIND. One suggestion I would give is read blogs on Nutrition to get as much information as possible.
- Hitting the Gym– It has been scientifically proved that lifting weights in the gym actually helps you in any sport.So if you are not lifting those weights or you are afraid of them then you are doing yourself a disservice! Hiring a good personal trainer can really help in this case.
If you really want to read excellent articles on Nutrition then Precision Nutrition is your one stop destination for all nutrition related queries. https://www.precisionnutrition.com/blog . They have outstanding articles on Nutrition,Fitness and Health!
What really matters here? What do you think? What separates good players from bad ones? What is the one thing that really matters?
HABITS-It is all about habits. You need to have good habits such as playing badminton consistently,following your coach,learning every single day about badminton,good nutrition habits. A 1 percent improvement each day won’t seem like a big thing in short term but in long term, it can give you unimaginable results. I hope you have heard of Power of Compounding!
Do Brands Matter While Choosing A Great Racket for Badminton?
I have seen various badminton racket manufacturing companies marketing their rackets in differents ways.
One year the, hot feature is a “flex point”. The next year it’s “titanium”. The year after that, it’s “recessed grommet technology”.
The truth is that some of these hot features are genuine technological innovations but most of them, unfortunately, are just marketing pitches.
Every manufacturer wants you to believe that their frame is special. If you believe it is special, you will want to buy it.
Therefore they are constantly tweaking their frames and adding features in order to swing more customers their way.
Sadly, too many customers fall for the marketing. Equally sad is the fact that so many customers buy particular racquets just because they are endorsed by celebrity athletes.
Racquets are like hammers. They are tools designed to accomplish specific tasks. If you are building a house, you want to use claw hammer. If you are shaping metal, you want a ball peen hammer. If you are breaking up concrete, you want a sledge hammer
But whether your hammer is made by Stanley, Craftsman or Dewalt is not really important. All three of these companies make all three of these hammers. Picking the right tool for the job matters much more than the brand.
The same is true for rackets! Wilson,Yonex etc all make badminton rackets. Mostly, Marketing is what differentiates the brands.
They make racquets for casual players, they make racquets for recreational players and they make racquets for professionals. All of these companies make racquets for doubles and racquets for singles. And they all make racquets that work for both.
Just as hammers are tools, racquets are containers for string. Picking the right frame for the job (singles, doubles or both) is important, but it’s only half the battle. Once you have the right frame, you have to customize it to your playing style and frequency.
I just like Yonex because they’ve been around since so long.Otherwise, it is mostly about marketing now. Quality and company’s innovation DO matter but marketing plays a vital role these days in differentiation! 😉
So my final advice is that do not give a lot of importance to a particular brand, rather choose one which you feel good about and take the action! 🙂
Wish you all the best for your Badminton Journey and I really hope that you do take MASSIVE IMPERFECT ACTIONS!
Click here to get #1 best badminton racket!
I am determined to take player’s Badminton game to the next level, my only question is when will it be yours?
You can also watch this YouTube video for more in depth information!
Ever wondered why Badminton is a popular sport?
- The skills to play badminton are not difficult to master. There’s no entry barrier so anybody can start!
- It is a social sport and allows people to meet with each other.
- It helps in burning a lot of calories!! Therefore, it also helps in the conditioning of the body. One can expect to burn at least 600 calories/hour while playing badminton!
Here’s a short Inspirational video to accelerate your Badminton Journey!!
At last, I would like to mention that I do not think there’s any best badminton racket that can really help you in becoming a great player or help you in achieving mastery in Badminton. 99% depends only on you. It depends on your practice. Obviously, A good racket that suites you the best can give you a good start and nice feeling but at the end your practice,nutrition and consistency matters much more than just a badminton racket! 🙂
Playing badminton is so much fun, isn’t it? I can never get tired or bored of playing such an amazing sport! What about you buddy? I’m curious, leave in the comments below!
If you really like my content on Best Badminton Racket, then please share on social media as it really motivates me to produce even more great content for my audience! 🙂
If you haven’t already, check out the Reviews of Top 20 Best Badminton Shoes on the Internet! 😀
Like any sport, playing badminton can also lead to various types of injuries.I believe that prevention is better than cure! So Reading this guide can help you in preventing injuries! 🙂
I hope your question “Which is the Best Racket for Badminton” has been resolved now! 🙂